In the beautiful environment of the Czech Paradise, in between the sandstone rocks, lies Kost, the Medieval castle. It dates back to about the middle of the 14th century. It was built by Beneš of Vartemberk, mentioned here already in 1358. The castle construction was finished by his son Petr at the close of the century. The silhouette of Kost, by a rare coincidence, has not changed since that time. The building is dominated by its six story residential tower called White Tower. Around 1414 the castle was acquired by the Zajícs of Hazmburk. In 1497 - 1524 Kost had been occupied by the Šelmberks, who refashioned the western wing. The Bibernštejn Palace was built next to the castle road by the middle of the 16th century. The outer buildings, fortified and affiliated to the castle, came into existence in a fortified approach under the Lobkowics (since 1585). In the spacious halls visitors are attracted by the numerous weapons from the 17th to 19th centuries, which do not, however, bear direct relation to the Kinsky house, the members of which we can see in the paintings. Worthy of noting is, furthermore, the black kitchen.